The deadline for SUNFEST 2020 applications was February 21, 2020.
The application is now closed.
The SUNFEST application consists of the following:
- Personal data, educational background, Research interest (see sample projects)
- Names and emails of two references (recommendation letters need to be sent separately; see below)
- One-page research statement explaining your interest in the program and career goals.
- Your resume
- Your transcript (an unofficial transcript can be submitted; however, when accepted you will need to send us an official transcript before the start of the program). If you don’t have a PDF file of your transcript, you can mail it directly to the address below.
- NOTE: These three files need to be uploaded as PDF files at the time of your application. (1) your resume; (2) one-page research statement and career goals; (3) if available as PDF, your transcript.
Letters of recommendation can be mailed directly by the recommender in a sealed/signed envelope, or can be emailed directly to email@example.com, with the subject line “Recommendation SUNFEST: Your name.” Ask the recommender to use one of these form letters: Sunfest-Recommendation (MS Word) | Sunfest-Recommendation (PDF). If the letters are sent by regular mail, send them to the following address:
Sue Ann Bidstrup-Allen
Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
University of Pennsylvania
220 S. 33rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6390
Requirements for Admission
All applicants must be a U.S. citizens or have permanent residency status. A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required. Successful applicants will be notified during the first week of April.
SUNFEST 2020: cancelled
SUNFEST 2021: TBA
SUNFEST 2020: February 21, 2020
SUNFEST 2021: TBA